Okay, so over the weekend I made a “Mr. UC, I love you so much that if I leave this list out for you, maybe you’ll surprise me” list. (Yes, I make these sorts of lists for the hubs. Not home improvement lists, but things like “If today I’m having a bad day, these things make me smile.” – typically chocolate or a movie night work…)
Now, I’ve become a little more organized in my list making. I’ve made a “Monday Must Haves” list. Specifically, this list is made up of items that I’ve been lusting over, or noticing on other bloggers sites. Yes, today, they are very basic items. This is good. Basics help build the foundation for a wardrobe. Right? Of course right.
1. This Gap shirtdress. Just braid your hair, wear some ruby slippers, click your heels, and tell everyone “There’s no place like home.” No seriously. I have an oddly strange fascination with shirtdresses lately. Too bad they make me look 29307589 months pregnant. But I recommend this dress. I actually tried it on- good quality material.
2. A black and white striped tee shirt. Can you believe how versatile this thing is? Pair it with jeans, chambray shirt, leggings, skirts, the list is endless.
3. Double breasted trench coat. Okay, I know that many bloggers out there like the single breasted coat, but for me? Sometimes a girl’s got to go against the grain and just stand out. There is something classy about this coat, and maybe you don’t agree, but come on, a classic trench coat, no matter how many breasted it is, definitely is classy.
4. Wide Leg WHITE pants. Okay, yes, I picked the beautiful Alexander McQueen pants, but I am on the hunt for white professional pants that a girl can wear to work. If you know of anywhere right now that is either on sale, or of good decent work appropriate quality, let me know!
5. D’Orsay flats. I giggle everytime I read the word “D’Orsay.” Makes me think of how tired, jetlagged and annoyed I was the day I went to the Muse d’Orsay in Paris. And I like to think “these shoes are not practical museum walking shoes!”
6. Chuck Taylor trainers. I need a comfortable and fashionable walking shoe. No more clunky athletic sneakers, or shoes that will make my knees and back hurt by mid afternoon. Gotta invest. After all, I’m not young anymore.
7. Crossbody satchel. This time last year I was on the hunt for the perfect cross body, smaller bag. I found it at a consignment shop (Coach!) and love it. But seeing as my bag has become Mr. UC’s “hey can you hold this” bag, I’ve got to upgrade to something bigger. The color and shape of the Dorothy Perkins’ bag caught my eye.
8. Heart necklace. Okay, I am not one to wear a lot of jewelry, but if one day I was to find the perfect delicate necklace that I wouldn’t be tempted to play with all day, a heart would be perfect. Something smaller probably than the one above, but still. Delicate, feminine. Pretty.
What’s on your Monday Must Have list?!